categories > office procedures >
Here you will find a bulleted list of ten simple housekeeping rules to help maintain a safe and healthy office environment for all employees.
- During the day all immediate work areas and walkways should be kept tidy.
- Do not leave any items lying where people could trip over or bump into them.
- Keep isles and gangways clear of obstructions and never trail cables across gangways.
- All drawers and cupboards should be closed after use.
- Eating of meals should not be carried out at workstations but in designated areas such as rest areas and restaurant facilities.
- Building or equipment defects however minor should be reported immediately to your manager.
- At the end of each shift workstations should be left tidy. All files, personal belongings, etc should be locked away in drawers and cupboards.
- Materials should not be stored outside of cupboards and under no circumstances should be stored under desks or on top of tall cupboard (above head height).
- Running in the workplace, playing games and practical jokes are not appropriate in the workplace. Potentially serious injuries could result from such conduct.
- Waste produce should be disposed of in the appropriate receptacles and extra care should be taken when disposing of sensitive company or personal information
|© 2013 Steven Ballard All rights reserved | Advertising | Contact | Copyright | Privacy|